- You don’t need a Zoom account
- You don’t need to install the Zoom app if you’re using a computer
- You can join from any device with internet access – computer, tablet or smartphone. Remember to turn on (or up) your loudspeaker (or headphones) to hear the talk
- You don’t need a microphone or camera. These are only required for online meetings not talks
- Even for meetings you can join with just a microphone if you don’t have a device with a camera or if you don’t want to use your camera
- You do need to sign up in advance... but once you have you can join only a few minutes before the event begins.
- Your ‘ticket’ will be sent as an email which will contain a link you can click of if you prefer a meeting code and password that you can type in
- It will look something like this:
Dear CYC Member
Please find below the meeting details for the Club Event scheduled for Friday 4th December at 7.30pm via Zoom.
The Social Secretary is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: CYC Event
Time: Dec 4, 2020 07:30 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 696 246 779
Apple's App Store at https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id546505307
Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=us.zoom.videomeetings
Then join the Event by opening Zoom and tapping the Join button (you do not need to Sign In or Sign Up) and copy the Id and Password from your invitation.
just click the link in your invitation.
For talks or events with a single speaker the Speaker view is generally better.
The location of the button to switch between views depends on your device. Generally it is at the top left on tablets and smartphones, and at the top right on computers.